A Step by Step guide for you and your overweight child.
Most parents of overweight children know they need to do something and that unhealthy foods, inactivity, and high calorie drinks can be the cause of childhood obesity. However, most parents are frustrated and just don’t know where to start to help their overweight child and they encounter resistance from their child, parenting partner, or other adults in their child’s life.
Parenting Tips for the Overweight Child is based on 10 years of professional experience working with families struggling with weight issue. In this eBook you will find a step by step approach for parents to follow in an easy to read format with tools and examples parents can utilize to transform their child’s life and health. Learn to create the ideal environment for helping children struggling with weight issues.
Here’s a peek at the chapters:
– What to discuss with your child’s healthcare provider
– Where do you start?
– Sympathetic sayings
– Some “Don’ts”
– Gettin’ Healthy Family Checklist
– What’s to drink?
– Beware of empty calories
– A word about water
– How to keep hydrated
– How do you get your child more active?
– Activity list A to Z
– Screen time/Energy time
– What to do with the picky eater?
– Using food for comfort or to bribe
– Where & when do you eat your food?
– Is your child a part of the family?
– Are you actively parenting your child?
– Skipping meals
– What to buy at the grocery store for meals
– What makes a good snack?
– Healthy snack ideas